For generations, the greatest and most powerful Empires have fought for control over our galaxy. Planets have been sieged and stripped of all their natural resources, nothing but lifeless shells remain. We have endured endless atrocities, all in the name of progress.
Many have resisted and overcome the invading Empires. Instead of banishing the evil forces from their systems, they study the crippled vehicles to acquire technologies for their own power and wealth.
However, times are changing, Empires are growing weary of this stalemate and turn to technology to fulfil their destiny. There have been rumors of a new weapon, one of unimaginable power. It will ensure the victory of any Empire that possesses it. This new doomsday device goes by the name Orion.
There is now a race amongst the Empires of the cosmos. A race of life or death. We must not let these Empires of destruction be the first to unlock the power of the Orion project.
We must push forward, and for this we need your help.
It is time for you to join the fight and be the first to complete the Orion project. Our lives depend on it…
26th March 2017
- When battle speed is set to Realtime ship movement will be viewable.
- Reduced Laboratory and Military Base production.
- Introduced transport convoys which will appear randomly around the map. These convoys can be raided.
- Fixed terraforming indicator icon.
- Reduced cost of terraforming.
- UI improvements.
- Various bug fixes.
- Rebalanced stealth ability.
- Rebalanced Spice Trade artifact.
18th March 2017
- Doubled planet defence cap.
- Crates are now spawned in server side code, and only when you win a battle.
- Fleet Wars: The Orion Project cinematic intro has been added to the new user screen.
- Other various bug fixes.
18th March 2017
- Rebalanced resources.
- Fixed bug where after contributing to the orion project your laboratories aren't subtraced from your account.
- Other various bug fixes.
16th March 2017
- Fixed bugs relating to grouping sectors and showing fleets defending theses sectors.
15th March 2017
- Once a Planet reaches maximum capacity, it's city construction speed will be reduced.
- You can now choose a different Planet from the battle summary page without using the attack list page.
- Cities are now shown on the Planet Selector.
- Terraforming Icon is show on Planet Selector.
- You can now liberate a Planet from the Planet Details page.
- Planets now have defences that will need to be destroyed before you can reach the surface.
- You can now cancel a research project.
- Various UI elements have been updated.
- Increase fedality of high graphics setting.
- Imporved performance of the universe interface.
- Planets per sector has been capped at 18.
- Fleet Strength is now unlinked from morale cost when attacking another Empire.
- Ships stealth ability now only takes into account your own stealth level, you don't have to have a higher stealth than your enemy in order to take the first shot.
- Labs are now removed from Planet when consumed.
- Ranking page has been replaced by Orion. Empires are now ranked by the progress they have made towards constructing The Orion Project
19th February 2017
-Added player level prerequisite to some artifacts
-Revised 2 artifacts
-Added 8 new artifacts
-Updated UI to include ship buffs from artifacts
-Updated UI to include active boosts to ship HP strength, shield strength in bars
8th February 2017
- Added indicator rings to Planets in Sectors that you posess Planets in. Planets you own will be green, Planets other Empires own will be red.
28th January 2017
Fleet Wars 2.0 BETA has been launched!
4th January 2017
- Ship bay bonus from each level reduced to 1000.
2nd January 2017
- Fixed bug causing ships to become invincible in battle.
- Fixed bug allowing fleets to be reinforced to have negative ships.
- All terraforming tasks are now shown in the schedule.
- Fixed bug where damaged ships weren't counted on the Ship Design page.
- Optimised ship designs to speed up battles.
27th December 2016
- The Battle summary page has been overhauled to be more intuitive and increase functionality.
- An info-graphic style explination of how the battle system works has been added to the battle summary and fleet formation pages.
- You can now spy directly on the battle summary page when preparing for battle.
- Morale is no longer required for spying.
- Fleet retreat criteria are now able to be set by the player. You can set this on the battle summary page or the fleet formation page.
- Slot order has been removed. Ships will automatically fire the most appropriate weapon.
- 30% chance of your ships sunk in battle will return as damaged ships which you can now repair within the Shipyard.
- The Credit multiplier for planet resources has been increased. Now Planets with more resources will produce significantly more CR then Planets with lower resources.
- Global Economy page has been overhauled to be more intuitive and increase functionality.
- Various pages no longer require a page refresh to update.
- Crate buffs now show instantly on the page. A refresh is no longer required.
- Notifications have been added for when you spend/receive resources.
- When attacking an enemy, any Planet that was once in your possession will not have its stats listed as unknown. You will not need to spy on these Planets.
- New Galactic Event, Meteor Shower, has been added. The event will destroy 15%-20% of your unfleeted ships each turn it is active.
- New level buff: 5,000 ship bays for every level.
- Planet Details now shows the correct amounts of military bases, labs and cities to be constructed.
- Removed exploit where players could attack Empires that are currently in combat.
14th December 2016
- Planet Manager no longer freezes on the loading screen after liberating a viewed Planet.
- Add all buttons have been added to ship construction and fleet reinforcement.
- Fleet Details page has been removed.
- You can disband your Fleets from Commander manager.
- Many pages have been optimised to perform smoother and load quicker.
- Percentage Bars have been added to visualise all ship statistics.
- Ship weapons and stats are available to view where ever you interact with your Fleets.
- Commander and stats are available to view where ever you interact with your Fleets.
4th December 2016
- Commanders specialising in stealth have been rebalanced to be more comparable to the other specialties. Stealth Commanders effectiveness will be slightly reduced.
28th November 2016
- Experience buffs added to crates.
- More alliance events can be viewed through the lobby.
- Added expirey of alliance protection to protectors schedule.
- Empires protected under the Galactic Treaty (new players) are no longer able to protect other Empires.
- Instead of reseting the countdown on buff expiery, a new buff now adds time to the current countdown.
- 6 new artifacts added.
- Two ship bay techs added.
- You can now view the tech description before the tech has been researched.
29th November 2016
- Page download size reduced.
- Various UI enhancements.
Economy and Planets
- Expedition cap reduced to approximately 50 Planets.
- New tech terraforming can be researched.
- Planet production increased to compensate for reduced amount of Planets
- Planets can no longer be sieged from NPCs.
- Retaliate link now available in events on home page.
- When choosing an Empire to attack, Empires are colour coded based on their Fleet Strength relative to yours.
- After Sieging a Planet you can click the Planet icon to be taken to the Planet details.
- You now need to perform a Planetary Analysis on an opponents Planet before you can see its details.
- Chance of success is now more varied based on the level difference between the Empires.
- When returning to analyse a previously infiltrated Planet you have 100% success rate.
1st November 2016
- Server stability updates.
29th Spetember 2016
- You will now see more data when spying.
- All new planets can only be upgraded to level 18. This is make it more important what you upgrade and how you specialise your planet.
- Planets now level up in a linear manner which means the upgrading process will be slower at the beginning.
- Planets populations cap once the Planet has reached maximum capacity.
20th Spetember 2016
- A stealth icon has been added to the battle viewer to show when your ship detects another and takes the first hit.
19th Spetember 2016
- Another HUGE optimisation to the battle viewer. No need for extreme speed anymore as the viewer can now play the battle at 10x the speed without much of a performance hit. You can now dynamically adjust battle speed up to and beyond the previous extreme speed.
- You can now see your opponents fleet formation in the battle viewer.
- Fleet positions now more accurately reflect their place in the fire order in the battle table.
17th Spetember 2016
- Optimised battle code to run quicker for larger battles.
- Added a tip to the design page to give hints about good ship designs.
- The menu now has a new look!
- New buttons added to chat options
- Buttons to attack and spy have been added to play profiles.
- Icons have been added to Commanders to show which area they specialise in.
16th Spetember 2016
- You can private chat by putting another empires name between two @ at the beginning of the message @ admin @ for example, without the spaces. There is also a reply icon when clicking on a message that you can use to initiate a private message.
- Chance of revolt has been halved.
10th Spetember 2016
A New Round Has Begun!
- Objectives have been added.
- You can now only research one technology at a time.
- 10 turns have been added to each research.
- Planets will only level half as high - now you will only need to upgrade them half as much!
- Laboratory and Military Base production has been halved.
- Fleets will now retreat from battle sooner.
- Battle system has been updated so ships for each empire will take turns firing. this will remove the attackers advantage and make the fight more fair
- Extreme Speed has been added to the watch battle.
- Artifacts are harder to find
5th Spetember 2016
- A redundancy server has been added to reduce down time.
- A retaliation button has been added to the alliance events. One you have retaliated against an attack everyone in your alliance will be able to view the battle and decide if further attacks are needed.
1st Spetember 2016
- Major architectural changes to reduce load on the server which should reduce game downtime.
- Spying on fleets now always shows the number of ships in a fleet
- Amount of ships in classes is hidden from battle log. This information can be discovered by spying on your enemy.
29th August 2016
- UI enhancements.
28th August 2016
- Alliance Masters are now able to declare war or offer an Alliance with other Alliances.
- Alliance, Ally and War indicators have been added to the Siege and Raid page. In future releases there will be morale benifits for declaring war on other empires you attack and you will be punished for attacking an Ally.
23rd August 2016
- Optimised Tutorial to handle slower load times.
- Optimised planet leveling so it is now instant.
22st August 2016
- Battle logic has been tweaked so your fleets will retreat based on the strength of ships lost instead of the amount of ships lost.
- Battle Replay has been added as a beta feature. More updates will be coming soon.
19th August 2016
- A progress bar has been added to the schedule. Progress bars will be added to all pages in future releases.
18th August 2016
- Various FireFox fixes.
- Star Map has been added.
14th August 2016
- Premium Members can upload a Profile Picture.
- You can now upload an Alliance Flag.
- Yoy can now edit your alliance Profile.
13th August 2016
Phase 1 of the 1.3 patch rollout has begun! Scrapyard is the first of the many features to be added.
- Added Trade group to Enconomy Menu.
- You now collect scrap automatically from battles
- You can now send out probes to collect scrap, similar to expeditions
12th August 2016
- You now get a 5% CR production buff for each Empire Level.
11th August 2016
- A Tips system has been added. You will recieve tips about various aspects of the game. This will help new players learn the basics and give them an idea of what to do next!
10th August 2016
- Notification in chat when a new player signs up.
7th August 2016
- Nuclear Missles and Dreadnoughts have been rebalanced.
28th July 2016
The Big Summer Patch is a major revision to the game. It introduces espionage and more depth to Planet Management. Instead of mindlessly collecting Planets you are now able to upgrade Planets individualy. You can desginate some Planets to be devoted to Labs and others to be devoted to Military. Or you could just apply any other strategy you come up with.
- The enforcer is back after a short holiday.
- Expedition chance of success dramatically reduced.
- Population Caps removed but Income Caps introduced
- Economist income cap is boosted by 35%
- Planets now need to be leveled up to increase production
- All players have access to the Premium Membership feature of auto upgrade Planets
- You are now able to spy on another Empires Planet
20th July 2016
- Defensive Position and Front Line have been added as tactical positions to Fleet Formations.
- The first espionage has been added. You can now spy on your enemies fleets.
18th July 2016
- Production buffs have been added to the crate prize pool.
17th July 2016
- Critical Hits have been added to battles. Using flanking formation to increase the chance of lanind a Critical Hit.
- Reduced Expeditioner Buff by 20%.
16th July 2016
- Bug fixed where ships were skipping a weapon when switching target.
- Crates have been added - more buffs and rewards to come soon
11th July 2016
- Fleet names are prefilled but you are still able to replace it with your own fleet name.
1th July 2016
- There is now a 6 hour time limit on alliance protection.
30th June 2016
- You are now able to send more Expeditions at a cost of CR and Turns.
19th June 2016
- The Galactic Enforcer has been introduced to protect smaller Empires.
18th June 2016
- Increased shields on larger ships (frigates and up).
- Increased damage for the more high tech weapons.
- Increased HP boost on the high tech defense modules
- Added more commander with better specs
- Added Ultra Rich Planets.
16th June 2016
- Voting rewards increased and scale with your level.
- v1.0 of alliance has been released. This includes the essential features for running an alliance. More features to come soon.
11th June 2016
- Fixed issue where a request might be sent twice if it takes longer to send then the timeout period.
- newRPG added as a new voting partner.
- The expeditioner can now send out 5 probes at once.
- The expeditioner buff reduced to 55%.
- Expedition page has been optimised to remove page loading.
- Numerous fixes to chat. Sorry no last character fix yet
- Descriptions have been added to Alliances
- You are now able to protect other alliance memebers
- You are now able to send immigrants to other alliance members to help grow their planets
8th June 2016
- Probes price has been reverted from incorrect 1M base cost to 4M base cost.
7th June 2016
- Alliance chat has been added to the Home Page chat as a new tab.
- Alliance contributions have now been inforced. Watch those kitties grow!
- You can now share your battle log with your alliance chat.
4th June 2016
Work has begun on the implimentation of the Alliance system. This will only be available to BETA participants.
29th May 2016
I've been working frantically over the last week to get the final art assets into the game and finish optomising all the pages. But here we are, v1.0. All currently implimented features are working great. Welcome to Fleet Wars!
19th May 2016
- An image of each planet has been added to the battle summary screen so you can see what you are attacking.
- Similar to the battle summary page, planet images have also been added to the planet manager page.
- A now token system has been added to the battle log. This is a visual representation of what you have gained in a battle.
18th May 2016
- More 'flare' has been added to the game.
- A new ship design viewer has been added. This is the mobile optimised version, the desktop version is coming soon.
- Various tweaks and bug fixes.
15th May 2016
- Galactic events have been added to the game.
- All remaining art assets are being added. Many have gone in the game over the last week but there are still a few to go.
- Bug fixes, UI tweaks.
- Destroying planets defenses now only applys to Raids.
4th May 2016
- Empire and galaxy wide events are being added.
- If you disband all your fleets while having a lot of ships sitting in your shipyard you civilians will lose faith in you and stop pauing their taxes.
2nd May 2016
- Atrifacts have been added! You can find them by sending probes on expeditions.
1th May 2016
- Loading user data has been optimised
- There is a new login screen!
- Browser notifcations have been integrated into Fleet Wars. When an event occurs, you are attacked for example, you will receive a browser notification.
29th April 2016
If you are having trouble loading pages please clear your internet cache.
- Rollout of the loading time optimisation patch has begun. This should decrease loading times and remove the halt on the browser while it waits for the data to be downloaded.
- More fixes for chat
- Ranking leaderboards updated
27th April 2016
- Increased likelyhood of a successful siege.
- Doubled production of all resources
24th April 2016
- Multiple UI tweaks.
- All bugs fixed with Chat
- Added technology descriptions and specifications to the Technology Tree
- You can now view more events
20th April 2016
- Sieging is no longer based on the morale of the user. It is now based on a dice roll.
- Players will now be protected from repeat attacks by a Bloodthirst Penalty. For each attack against a player in the last 12 hours your Bloodthirst Penalty will rise by 10%. This does not apply to NPCs
- New Empires are protected from attack for 24 hours.
14th April 2016
It's finally here! Behold the almighty Tech Tree. You will need to build laboratories to be able to research all the latest and greatest technologies. No longer will these techs be just handed to you. You will need to work for them!
11th April 2016
- Galactic Union has set up shop in Fleet Wars. Use Galactic Union to send Credits to your allies.
9th April 2016
- Ranking system has been overhauled. Fleet Strength ranking is now averaged over the last 24 hours. Disbanding all your fleets overnight will significantly hurt your ranking!
- More interesting ranking methods have been added - Win/Lose Ratio and Bloodthirst (total offensive battles)
- Part one of the tutorial has been added to the game. This takes you through the process of creating a ship and sending an expedition.
- Added an indicator of what the fleet strength will be in the Assemble Fleet module.
- Issue where users could not log in when accessing the site via www.fleetwars.net is resoved.
- A bunch more bug fixes.
1st April 2016
- An update to the military resources and fleet strength system.
31th March 2016
- Major improvements to loading times!
- Bug fixes in battle system
- Debuffed commanders
- Debuffed defense modules
- Adjusted specs on all weapons and ship classes
28th March 2016
- Apex Web Gaming has been added as an option to vote and get a daily reward!
- The battle system has been tweaked. Ships now attack another ship within its cone of fire (roughly 500 ships) instead of attacking the weakest ship available.
- You can now flank your enemies in battle. You can set your Fleets to flank your enemy within the Fleet Formations module.
27th March 2016
- We have moved to a new, offsite, server to imporove loading times worldwide
- Introduced new bugs with the server transfer
- Fixed all known bugs ;)
- Introduced the *Phenomenal* Convention. This will base your siege success rate on your remaining morale. This will remove the ability to siege other players over and over and over again!
- Military bases are a lot more powerful against ships. This means you will need a larger fleet to defeat a planets defenses so it will cost more morale to siege players with no defenses. Thereby reducing the chance to successfully siege a players homeworld.
25th March 2016
Another update has been released and with it comes some long awaited features:
- Numberous bug fixes
- Fleet formations are now able to be set through a new GUI
- UI changes, including renaming some menu items to be more descriptive/intuitive
- A button to vote for Fleet Wars on a browser game directory has been added. You will be rewarded for voting!
- A users online status is shown on the Empire Ranking page
21st March 2016
Here comes another major update to the Alpha build! There have been many performance and UI fixes to help improve the overall experience on mobile and slower internet connections. In addition, the following changes have been implemented:
- 6 brand new weapons to fit onto your ships
- Empires will automatically go into ‘Holiday Mode’ after 5 days of inactivity
- Improvements to the Chat
- Account is reset after Homeworld is Sieged or destroyed
- You are no longer able to be attacked while actively defending yourself from another Empire
- UI now specifies how much damage a ship will do exactly, instead of just showing the multipliers
- Left over damage from attacking shields penetrates into the ship's hull
- Major bug fixes to shield and hull calculations during battle
- Battle code has been optimised to reduce the time it takes to calculate a battle
There has been a gap in the Galaxies economic ecosystem for some time. Galactic Insurers is here to fill that gap! You can now purchase an insurance policy to protect you in the very likely event of your Empire falling victim to a raid. Create a Policy to fill your needs and budget, and sleep easy knowing your valuable CR are protected.
A new module has been added! You can now reinforce your existing Fleets with newly constructed ships. Also the Assemble Fleet module has been re-designed to be more user friendly.
The battle system is ungoing changes as well. The Raid system is being re-balanced to be more profitable and the battle AI has been tweaked. Ships will now target damaged ships instead of attacking any random ship in the opponents fleets. There will be more advances to the battle system and AI to come soon!
A bunch of improvements have been made to the stability of the UI on mobile. Also, there is a new Ship Designer, designed for mobile devices. It is also available on desktop to use if you like it better.
A small update today but one I'm sure you will all be please to see. Empire Rankings has now been added. Go and check out your position on the Leaderboards.
Let the race to the top begin!
There have been several version releases since my last update log but I feel now is a good time to let you know the new features that are available.
Empire and Commanders leveling is now available and all benefits associated with that are working great. Obviously to level you need to be able to attack someone. Raids and Sieges are now in the game. If thats not enough, some NPCs have been added that you can Raid or Siege their Planets.
There have also been a tonne of UI and experience improvements to make the game more enjoyable for everyone!
I'm proud to announce the release of version 0.2 to the Kickstarter Demo Project! A lot has gone on in the back end to improve stability and to prepare for future features.
Most importantly, the Ship Design module has been added. It currently features the first two classes of ships, the first 6 weapons and the first 5 armour technologies that you will research.
Due to the large amount of changes that have gone on in the database, it has been reset, so you will need to create a new account for v0.2.